Job Specification and Description
JOB TITLE – Product Manager – Good Hope
DEPARTMENT – Sales & Marketing
SCHEDULE – 6 days
HOLIDAYS – Yes
Our Product Manager will work under direction of the Jamaica Sales Manager focus entirely on revenue performance of the location; taking into account ideas to improve and enhance the product. Using the existing Sales and Marketing platform-scope which includes: following up with DMC Manager on initiatives, handling complaints, putting together and executing sales strategies to assist each DMC and Chukka to meet its mutual targets, training of DMC Reps, most written communication between the DMC and Chukka and acts as the Senior Member of the Care Team.
Education and Experience: (Minimum Requirements)
The essential qualifications required for this job are as described below:
- First Degree in Sales & Marketing
- Computer Literacy
- Three to Five years experience / On the job Experience
Specialised Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Active listener. Should be able to properly understand the complaints of clients or their queries and should be able to solve them.
- High expertise in sales and marketing skills
- Highly motivated person
- Full of energy, and strive to excel in his field
- Good communication skills, as he/she communicates with the clients, DMCs, sales team, etc
- Good presentation skills
- Good administrative management and supervisory principles and practices
- Business Acumen (sense of purpose)
- Strong leadership skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to use initiative
- Pleasing personality
Special Conditions Associated with the job
- Reports to the corporate office but will be mostly on the road visiting Hotel’s, DMC’S and the Port.
- This job requires the incumbent to be always accessible, 7 days per week.
- Outdoors (beaches, grassy areas, on tours)
- Will be required to work beyond normal hours
Directly – Sales Manager, Jamaica
Indirectly – Group Revenue and Yield Manager
Internally – Marketing, Reservations, Operations, Reconciliation and Accounts.
Externally – External Reps, DMC representatives, Hotel Manager/Team members and other influencers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and exceed the yearly revenue target for products within assigned portfolio.
- Establish an aggressive onsite sales strategy to achieve sales target.
- Maintain strategic relationships with our partners (DMCs, Drivers, Villa and Small Property Reps, External Reps, Hotel Managers etc.) in an effort to provide up close and personalized service. The aim is drive sales to the profitable tours, achieve sales targets and to consistently identify opportunities for sales growth.
- Prepare reports to track your sales performance. Please use the following as a guide:
- Use your numbers to guide your visits, focus and initiatives
- Always identify and classify solutions to your problems. That is, fix the ones that you can and escalate the ones that you can’t
- Use Chukka’s existing sales and marketing network of reps, suppliers, wholesalers and website to influence the sale of Good Hope.
- Develop a marketing plan with dollar budget annually. Reviews weekly and produces forecast to decide on strategy. Although separate must be in tandem with Chukka’s Sales and Marketing plan.
- Handle Fam trips for DMC VIP’s and Sales Staff. Participate in others as needed.
- Maintains an active and current familiarization trip database. Database to include personal data such as reps name, telephone number, tours that they participate in and date etc.
- Utilize the full resource of Chukka’s Sales and Marketing team to achieve goals.
- Organize incentive payout, gift and bonuses and marketing collateral in the hotel.
- Hit the road to position and promote the product.
- Establishes, organizes and maintains effective promotions in all major hotels.
- Handle all DMC complaints, verbal and written replies for Good Hope.
- Direct social media campaigns using Chukka’s resources.
- Organizing weekly meetings with DMC Resort Managers, DMC Groups Managers and Hotel Sales Managers to execute sales initiatives for short wins (Resort Sales and Groups).
- Continuously identify new and innovative ways to market Chukka within the framework of the hotel and the DMC.
- Keep DMC’s informed of product happenings.
- Other administrative tasks (e.g., preparing commissions, promotions schedule and handling day to day DMC sales logistics)
- Train all DMC Sales Staff, DMC Groups team and Hotel team
- Handle all accidents and incidents
- Put together a weekly plan to drive sales
- Ensure that your Point of Sale material is well presented in the hotels/villas. Such as brochures and pull up banners.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time
- Conduct web audits (the display of our tours on the websites of our channels and partners) in regards to competitive positioning, quantity and quality of reviews (noting frequency, recommendations, compliments and complaints), accurate and full description, star rating and added/removed tours. Escalate information gathered to Jamaica Sales Manager for dissemination to the relevant department(s).
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
- Take the necessary action to ensure that the operation is managed effectively and efficiently.
The job is satisfactorily completed when:
- Key Performance Indicators are met, these include:
- YOY % increase in net revenue for Good Hope products
- Budgeted Target versus Actual (pax and net revenue)
- Number of sales initiatives and promotions in the marketplace that yield an increase in net revenue
- Satisfaction ratings with DMCs and external representatives
- % of sales that result in customer refunds
- Should the assigned territory target be achieved, a commission will be issued, based on a structure that will be shared in separate documentation
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org