Job Title: IT System Technician
Department: Information Technology
Under the direction of the MIS Manager this individual is responsible for providing technical design, planning, implementation, maintenance and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Manage and maintain Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) network connections to ensure high level of availability and security to support business applications. Additionally, act as liaison between staff and the IT department to resolve issues.
The successful candidate is expected to be equipped with:
- Sound knowledge of IP networking and communication systems
- MCSA, MCSE, CCNA preferred
- 3-5 years experience in an IT support environment
- Network Administration experience including troubleshooting
- Knowledge of the latest Windows Desktop, Server Operation Systems and Microsoft Office
- Productivity applications
- Working Knowledge of installing, configuring and maintaining Dell Servers
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains
- Knowledge of Microsoft Retail Management System (RMS 2.0) would be an asset
- Knowledge of network switching and routing using CISCO Network devices
- Knowledge of Wireless technologies
- Knowledge of Backup and Retrieval systems
- Good command of Microsoft SQL and SQL server tools
- Deploy and maintain printers
- Knowledge of VPN solutions
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve IT related hardware and network issues
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- ITIL Awareness
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize effectively.
- Knowledge of configuring telephone PBX’s.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Desktops, laptops and Applications for end-users
- Troubleshoot and correct LAN connectivity problems
- Troubleshoot and resolve printer and scanner related problems
- Configure and maintain POP and Exchange emails for end-users
- Setup and ensure functioning of network servers (Active Directory, Terminal Server, DNS, File and Print, etc.)
- Active Directory Administration & Management
- Monitor and ensure the proper operations and maintenance of the backup (UPS) power systems
- Provide support to POS systems
- Assist in training users on new applications
- Utilise the service desk portal to log all user incidents and problems and document outcome and resolutions.
- Schedule upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems.
- Maintain and Management the company’s CUG.
- Ensure the smooth running of all Chukka’s systems, including accounting and reservations systems, anti-virus software, print services and email provision;
- Provide secure access to the network for remote users;
- To assist in the compilation of documentation, guidelines and procedures and ensure they are disseminated to users.
- Ensure the security of data from internal and external attack;
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for the department to take advantage of new technology.
- Provide users with appropriate support and advice
- Perform other related duties.
- Co-ordinate support activities with remote offices as required
- Ensure change control process is followed for all changes to production systems.
Special Conditions Associated with the Job
- Normal Office environment
- May occasionally be required to work beyond normal hours
- Must have a reliable motor vehicle
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com