Job Title: Adventure Guide Interpreter (ATI)
The Adventure Guide is responsible for the delivery of a safe fun-packed experience to all visitors on tour. The Adventure Guide must be able to carry out multiple roles (guide, driver, adventure interpreter) and utilize their communication skills to engage and react with each guest, and ensure an exceptional time is experienced by everyone.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Deliver excellent Customer Service to ensure that the client’s expectations are being met on all tours, activities and excursions.
- Ensure daily tour functions are completed as directed by the Tour Operation Supervisor.
- Ensure that all safety practices are followed at all times.
- Recommend the discontinuation of a tour for safety reasons.
- Ensure that guests adhere to all safety procedures and recommend the removal from the tour anyone who breaches the safety procedures.
- Report all incidents and/or accidents to the Tour Operations Supervisor and the Operations Manager immediately.
- Responsible to document accurately all incidents and accidents on tour.
- Ensure to complete daily inspection of all tour activity equipment, trail and tools and update inspection log accordingly (before tour).
- Ensure all repairs and maintenance requirements are documented and communicated to the Tour Operations Supervisor or the Operations Manager. Ensure to report any equipment failure, malfunction & breakdowns.
- Ensure that the area and facilities are clean and free of litter to enhance the attractiveness of the site.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of four (4) CXC subjects, including English Language.
- Two (2) years in a related position in a Tour Operations environment.
- Valid commercial heavy-duty driver’s License.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excels at operating in a fast pace and multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to handle complaints and working under pressure.
- Ability to calm disgruntled and /or challenging guests.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org