Chukka, through a team of dedicated, motivated and environmentally aware professionals, is committed to providing quality nature adventure tours and services in a clean, safe and sustainable environment.
Chukka recognizes that our organization has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for guests, staff and residents of the surrounding communities.
To this end we are committed to taking action:
- To maintain a continuous environmental & social program that mitigates health & safety risks for all stakeholders.
- To comply with all relevant environmental & social laws and regulations.
- To implement and maintain environmental best practices across our entire operation.
- To implement practices to conserve and/ or reduce consumption of energy, water and other scarce resources.
- To sensitize visitors of the organization’s environmental program and permissible behavior whilst on tour.
- To inform our customers, suppliers and contractors of our environmental management program and to engage where ever possible those who employ the policies in their operations.
- To work with others in the industry, public sector and the community to achieve wider environmental goals.
- To provide all employees with training, to equip them with the necessary knowledge to improve their environmental awareness,
- To monitor and record our environmental performance routinely.
- To purchase local goods and services wherever possible.
- To employ persons from the surrounding community to promote economic and social growth.